The Piacenza Library was founded in 1953 together with the Faculty of Agriculture. Over the years it has grown together with the Piacenza Site of the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore. The works held in the Library are related to the fields of study of the graduate and postgraduate courses running at Piacenza.
The Library currently holds over 100,000 volumes and receives almost 3,500 journals. It also offers users a range of electronic resources (on-line journals and databases) to support scientific research and teaching in the scientific, economic, legal and pedagogic fields.
Since 1978 the Library has been depository for many FAO publications (over 2,800 volumes). Apart from the sections devoted to agriculture, economics, law and educational science, the Library also holds some collections.
The Library is open to the public. External (non-university) users can freely access almost all our services.
The Cremona Site Library, which currently holds over 8,000 volumes and over 750 journals, is under the management of the Piacenza Site Library.